Our mission is to raise awareness on accidental drownings and highlight the importance of water safety for our children. In order to accomplish this, we encourage Survival Swim Lessons to ensure all children know how to self-rescue.
Our scholarships are designed to help lower-income families afford Survival Swim Lessons and minimize as much of the costs as possible.
1. New students must be between the age of 6 months and 6 years old.
2. Applicants must be able to provide proof of employment (pay stubs, unemployment benefits statement).
3. Verification of most recent tax return (e.g. complete 1040 form, federal tax return, not your W2 form).
4. Drivers license verification
How does it work:
1. The Sylas Project covers up to 50% of the original tuition cost not exceeding $50 per week. The Sylas Project will then work with your local survival swim instructor to reduce out of pocket tuition costs not covered by the scholarship. The remaining balance will be paid by the applicant. All fees and tuition costs will be paid directly to your Instructor.
2. Registration fees are covered by the applicant and must be paid directly to your instructor.
3. If awarded, your child MUST attend all lessons for the entire length of the course. These are daily lessons lasting approximately 10 minutes a day.
4. We will reimburse you registration fees once your child(ren) has completed the full course.